You can get a lot out of a small garden by putting into practice some tricks like the ones that we are going to discuss below.
Decorating a small garden can be as fun as if you had a large one. The question is knowing how to take advantage of what you have and look for simple ideas, but capable of providing beautiful results. In other words, it all depends on the focus.
If you know the characteristics of the space well, it will be much easier for you to take advantage of it. And although this may seem an obvious question, there are many people who, by not taking into account the space measurements, introduce inappropriate elements that, in the end, only manage to reduce the space.
If you are a lover of plants, flowers, and everything that sprouts from the earth, you need your small garden or orchard at home. Also, if you want to enjoy the sunny days from now on, pay attention and take note of these fantastic ideas to give a different touch to your garden.
You can turn that corner that perhaps you thought did not have many options, into a very cozy little garden.
- First of all, you have to define what style you want to follow. There are many types of gardens, for example rustic, minimalist, or zen.
- Second, select the materials and their colors to create a harmonious decorative scheme.
They are a great option when you do not have much space. It consists of expanding the space vertically using walls or ceiling supports.
- You can use different materials. Beams, stakes, or wooden shelves to create some stairs attached to the wall and place the plants on them.
- On the other hand, you can get a creeper. These pretty plants are very hardy and grow quickly. In addition, they cover our walls giving them a very natural appearance, like an outdoor space.
- From the same family and looking for the same effect, you can get climbing plants, such as jasmine, ivy, or bougainvillea. With a few small guides, you will get a beautiful vertical garden without having to resort to many materials.
Type of vegetation
If you are fond of gardening, you will know that there is a great variety of trees, flowers, shrubs, and plants that you can place in our home. Its colors brighten and turn a small space into something wonderful.
To achieve this, you have to know well what types of vegetation are the most suitable according to the area where you live. If you do not know which ones to decide on, we leave you some ideas.
- Climbing plants. Previously cited, they are perfect for covering our walls, fences, walls, or pergolas. The visual effect is beautiful.
- Upholstery or artificial grass. If you do not want to water continuously and be concerned about the state of the grass, you can buy artificial grass. It is cheaper and has very good finishes.
- Ornamental trees. In the nurseries, they have trees that are practically decorative. They are of simple treatment and do not require much special care. Of course, you have to be careful with the size of the tree if you have a very small garden.
- Cactus and succulents. These plants are very resistant and have very striking aspects that look great in various types of decoration.
If you have enough space to put some tables or chairs, do not exceed its size. Do not overload it with items because it could lose the effect of being a place of rest and rest.
The ideal is to be aware and know what you want to use your garden for. Also keep in mind what material that furniture is made of since in summer it is not the same as plastic, wood or steel.
In addition, over time, the sun, wind, and rain will cause them to spoil if they are not of very good quality. Find something that you like and that is of medium quality. If you already have some old garden furniture, you can give them a coat of paint to give it a different touch. Combine colorful chair cushions and tablecloths.
Pay attention to the earth
It may be that you acquire land that does not serve to plant the chosen vegetation. You have to buy good soil so that the flowers, shrubs, and plants have sufficient substrates and nutrients to develop properly.
When planting them, you must leave a reasonable space between them, since even if you don’t see it, the roots will expand rapidly.
As with the interior of the home, one of the most important aspects that you should consider to make it more charming is the type of lighting. Today, you can find wonderful lamps that decorate and illuminate the garden and offer dreamy finishes.
The light elements will make you enjoy this space for a longer time. Use energy-saving light bulbs, wall lamps, or outdoor-friendly garlands to light up the spots you want. You can also install spotlights behind hedges or bushes to create the depth effect.
If you are looking for an equally beautiful finish but without requiring so much work, you can opt for a minimalist decoration. It consists of using colored gravel, river stones, volcanic stones or wooden planks, among others, to cover the ground. The change will be instantaneous. You can also buy pots and plant cacti that don’t need much care.
Use recycled materials
Although you may not know it, you may already have some very valuable materials at home to decorate your garden. You can use the canning jars to make terrariums or plant flowers.
In addition, you can make centerpieces with an old bowl, decorate with candles or hang old dishes on the walls. This will add a rustic touch to your small garden. If you have pallets, you can use them to make the structures for a planter, make a table or use the tables for a vertical garden.
You no longer have an excuse for not trying to bring your small garden to life. Go ahead and get to work!
You may also like to read- http://cherryblossomlife.com/